The purpose of the training was to guide and support the development of new “Health” products with high added value. It was intended primarily for scientists in the R&D and production departments of companies active or ready to embark on the development of “Health” products. The training was certified at the inter-university level in the French Community.
The programme comprised 8 modules :
- Health food and food supplements: products with high added value in terms of health and the economy, or fashion effect?
- Food supplements: nutritional, physiological and regulatory aspects.
- The role of health foods and food supplements in the fight against obesity and diabetes mellitus:
- Nutritional modulation of the intestinal flora: implications for human health,
- Regulations on nutritional labelling, nutritional and health claims, food supplements and novel foods,
- Food toxicology, risk analysis and legal liability,
- The formulation of health foods,
- Implementation of a strategy to develop and launch food products of differentiated quality with health connotations.